The first day of the rest of my life with the 1.2

May 17th, 2011

After over five years of faithful service my usual lens has finally, tragically, croaked it. It had been having focusing issues for a while, but the final blow was a drop on the concrete floor at the Blue Lagoon in Iceland, after which it stopped focusing completely. Considering I treated it pretty terribly, five years isn’t bad going and it meant that I could finally justify getting the 1.2. I can’t even describe how utterly overjoyed I am with the 1.2. It’s the perfect lens.

These are just some photos I took the first day I got it, around Brighton and at afternoon tea with Andrew and my parents for my birthday. Seeing them all together, it looks like a romp through whimsical blogger cliches! Oh dear.

Tags: ,

1. Monika says:

Wow, your pictures are just amazing! I love the colours!

2. Felicity says:

These are great. I love my 50mm. I love the focus and light that it captures.

3. hearttypat says:

this is what you call, sorta, a blessing in disgust! HAppy experimenting with ur new lens!

4. Anna says:

What tea shop is that in Brighton? I’m going there in August and I’d love to try those cakes!

5. your photos are really, really gorgeous :) and those little tea cakes look delicious

6. As a Brighton regular (I live just along the coast), I absolutely love these photos. The colours, the framing – they are beautiful and really catch Brighton seaside so well! x

7. Pansy Lane says:

Ahhh these are so lovely!!

8. […] {images: photography by kristina at krisatomic} […]

9. Stunning photos!
    And I just have to say it again, they look shockingly similar to some of my photos it is as if we draw attention to the exact same things…

10. blue fruit says:

These photos are quite magical! You have absolutely captured that elusive quality of the Brighton seaside – gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. It makes me want to jump on a plane and come visit Brighton again!

Cheerio from Melbourne Australia.

11. Michelle says:

Wow, that is one amazing lense. Though nothing without the artist. Can you say serious gadget envy…

12. Nevaeh says:

Oh,OMG!!they are soooo beautiful!My favourite are the first one and the third one.xD
    And your garden is very cool!I wish I could visit there one day.Hahah……
    Wish you have a nice day in your wonderland(I mean …your garden &your rigion?)

13. The Kitchies says:

We are a music Band from Nice (France).
    We want to use 2 photos from you, for our EP (Small Album).
    Please Tell us if its possible.
    We spend 6 Month in Brighton, that why we want a photo of this city !
    Waiting for your answer.

kris atomic says,

February 20th, 2013 @ 10:56 pm

Hi Michel,

Send me an email to and we can work something out!

Kris x

14. carolina says:

Love your photo style! :)